Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Embossed Thank You

Here is another way that you can get the most of your die cuts. Cut out several of the same design and then glue them all together. For my project, I used 5 layers of 110 lb. Georgia Pacific cardstock. Looking back, I may have gotten better results if I had only used like 3 layers. After the 5 layers, the impression wasn't very crisp. So, I used an empty ball point pen to better outline the letters, turns that I was unable to make things really crisp and clean (I've never tried "hand-embossing" before so I'm not sure if it was just me, or it's just not feasible to make it look nice and neat) Either way, even though the effect is not what I was going for, I like it. It reminds me of greenware or a rough clay model.



Materials: MFT by the letters, white cardstock
Size: Standard A2 card 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Disclosures:
I use the craft products that I like to use. I am not paid by anyone or any entity for marketing of the various products that I may mention on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment