Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Simple Embossed Celebrate

Sometimes you need some simple muted colors and patterns so that you can put some readable text over the top. Vellum is great for this purpose. If you love a patterned paper, but it's too busy to read over the top of it, try putting on a vellum overlay. I used an embossed sentiment on the vellum and then stitched to a couple of strips to brightly colored paper. If you adhere vellum with glue or double sided tape, you'll have to hide it because vellum is transperent and you will be able to see where you placed the adhesive. To get around this, I stitched to vellum overlay into place.



Materials: White cardstock, vellum, thread, TPC Studio - Cupcake cling stamp set, Versamark ink, white embossing powder
Size: Standard A2 4.25" x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Disclosures:
I use the craft products that I like to use. I am not paid by anyone or any entity for marketing of the various products that I may mention on this blog.

If you like what you see, I invite you to follow my blog or visit me on my pinterest or Etsy sites! Just see the right-hand side of the screen!


No comments:

Post a Comment