Monday, June 16, 2014

Watercolor Embossed Flowers

Watercoloring is so hot right now. Spoken in creepy Will Ferrel voice. Oh, and did I mention that it's also really fun? The best part is that there is not "wrong" way to do things. First I embossed two different sized flowers from the stamp set (I had to mask the smaller flower to get the image that you see.) Then, I took several colors of distress ink, rubbed the pad right on an acrylic block, took some metallic rub and smeared that on the block, added some water and went to work. 

What I learned during this project is that you really do need to use watercolor paper. It's hard to tell in the photos, but the paper is majorly warped. When I adhered the front panel to my card base, I actually made it wrinkle around the edges because it tried too hard (unsuccessfully) to make it flat. I ended up having to stitch around the edges to get it to not look TERRIBLE. The stitching helped, but it still isn't nice and crisp. So next time, I'll try watercolor paper and see if that helps.


Close-up of the shimmer in the metallic rub.

Materials: White cardstock, Hero Arts Blossom Art stamp set, Versmark ink, black embossing powder, distress ink in fired brick, spiced marmalade, and mustard seed, Viva gold metallic rub. Sewing machine.
Size: Standard A2 4.25" x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Disclosures:
I use the craft products that I like to use. I am not paid by anyone or any entity for marketing of the various products that I may mention on this blog.

If you like what you see, I invite you to follow my blog or visit me on my pinterest or Etsy sites! Just see the right-hand side of the screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment