Thursday, June 26, 2014

Vellum Love with Gold Thread

Simple cards are my absolute favorite. I'm always looking for ways to add a little pizazz without going overboard. My local craft store was having a sale on thread, so I splurged and bought some metallic thread. (holy cow is it expensive at regular price!) So I decided to let the metallic thread spark some interest in an otherwise relatively flat card. It works to keep the vellum in place, and also brings your attention to the word love (as it runs right through the middle).

The glitter square was created with double-sded adhesive and white glitter. (I always cut out a template square and temporarily adhere it to my card front so that my lines are straight.)



Materials: Kraft cardstock, white glitter, 0.25" wide double-sided adhesive, vellum, Hero Arts Uppercase Alphabet die, gold thread, Fiskars corner edger.
Size: Standard A2 4.25" x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Disclosures:
I use the craft products that I like to use. I am not paid by anyone or any entity for marketing of the various products that I may mention on this blog.

If you like what you see, I invite you to follow my blog or visit me on my pinterest or Etsy sites! Just see the right-hand side of the screen!


No comments:

Post a Comment