Thursday, May 15, 2014

Flower Strip Stationery

Sometimes the best place to look for card designs in patterned paper. After all, someone designed the paper to look visually appealling, so why not use the existing design concepts to create something beautiful. These cards were created from paper that had a solid brown background lined with parallel strips of flowers. I didn't really like the paper because it was so straight and flat, but I thought the flowers in a row were interesting. So I cut out the flowers. Was it tedious? Yes, it was. Did I enjoy it? You betcha! So the end result: I kept the concept that I liked from the paper, but got rid of the design concept that was not my style. Voila! A unique card that fits my style. I left the blue and pink blank so I that I can add a message to fit the occasion later. The "happy birthday" sentiment on the red flower card was stamped with StazOn black and a TPC stamp set.








Materials: White cardstock, flowers cut from patterned paper, StazOn in jet black, TPC "sentiments" clear stamp set
Size: Standard A2 card 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Disclosures:
I use the craft products that I like to use. I am not paid by anyone or any entity for marketing of the various products that I may mention on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment