Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ombre Thanks

Oh look, ocean blue cardstock! (Nope, I'm never going to stop pointing it out.) These were created with same steel dies that I have used in the last several posts, but this time, I used the technique where you position your cutting plates in such a way that you leave the bottom of the letters intact. Before cutting, I used Bic alcohol-based markers to create an ombre effect on white cardstock. I don't own any Copics (because they are about $6 per marker if you're keeping track), but I assume they blend better than Bics. That being said, I do like the Bics because you get a lot of bang for you buck! Also, I like the imperfect look on handmade cards.




Materials: White cardstock, colored cardstock, MFT die-namics by the letters, Alcohol-based markers
Size: Card is just shy of standard A1 or 4bar card size 4 3/4" x 3 1/4". Envelope is the standard A1/4bar size of 5 1/8" x 3 5/8"

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Disclosures:
I use the craft products that I like to use. I am not paid by anyone or any entity for marketing of the various products that I may mention on this blog.

If you like what you see, I invite you to follow my blog or visit me on my pinterest or Etsy sites! Just see the right-hand side of the screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment