Friday, May 9, 2014

Thank you Splatter

You know how you can tell when you really like something? When you can look at it over and over again without getting sick of it. I bought literally a ton of ocean blue cardstock to make my wedding invitations over 2 years ago. I still have literally a ton leftover that I will often use to create cards because I still LOVE the color! Below is one example of said cardstock (which you will be seeing again; I guarantee it).




The banner banner strips are created from various patterned papers, vellum, and solid paper that I added some blue stamping ink. The "Thanks" was selectively stamped from a discontinued American Crafts clear stamp set "Thanks". (Selective stamping is when you cover up part of the stamp image - like with masking tape or post-its. Then you ink up the stamp, remove the covered portion and stamp onto your project so that you only transfer a portion of the entire image. This is a great way to really make the most of all your stamps.) The background white splatter was done using watered down white acrylic paint and the non-brush end of a paintbrush.

Specifications:
Materials: Sturdy ocean blue cardstock, patterned paper, vellum, foam dimensionals, discontinued American Crafts clear "thanks" stamp set.
Size: Card is just shy of standard A1 or 4bar card size 4 3/4" x 3 1/4". Envelope is the standard A1/4bar size of 5 1/8" x 3 5/8"

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

Disclosures:
I use the craft products that I like to use. I am not paid by anyone or any entity for marketing of the various products that I may mention on this blog.

If you like what you see, I invite you to follow my blog or visit me on my pinterest or Etsy sites! Just see the right-hand side of the screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment